Julian Support aims to be a leading employer of choice.
The type of work we do means that our staff, students and volunteers are our most important asset. Our people's talents are what make a difference to those we support.
Our vision is that the people who work for us not only have the technical skills required for their job but the right attitude and life experience to empathise with their colleagues and the people we work with.
These are just some of the features that make us so great to work for:
- We pay people a real living wage (as set by the Living Wage Foundation) on contracts that offer a stable income
- We are signed up to the Unison Ethical Care Charter – our working conditions meet or exceed the standard of the Charter
- A flexible approach to employing people that supports work/life balance
- Job satisfaction by ‘making a difference to people's lives in an empowering way’
- Staff benefits package that includes free counselling service, childcare vouchers, free eye tests and contributions towards glasses (for VDU use)
- Personalised induction programme, we value employees as individuals
- Clear and effective communication
- Commitment to supporting staff to realise their potential and providing continuing development opportunities in order that people can take on new challenges and learn new skills
- Regular supervision, annual appraisal
- Peer support, team building events
- Planned career breaks
- Sick pay up to 26 weeks full pay and 26 weeks half pay
- Death in service benefit 2 x annual salary
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays